Everyone knows a pizza maker. These people are usually at-home pizzaiolos who are proficient with frozen fare or making their own. Either way, they eat it at least once a week. So, if you’re looking for a present for such a person, you want something that will help them create a perfect pie every time. Below are the top five gifts for pizza makers.
These include various cutting and serving sets along with tools, equipment, and a cookbook. Whichever you select, you’re sure to please and appease their regular pizza cravings.
1. Pizza Cutter; Serving Set by Hans Grill
For a professional-looking way to cut and display your pie, this pizza cutter and serving board set by Hans Grill is ideal. Even if the gift’s recipient just makes frozen pizzas, they’ll love it all the same. It’s perfect for any kitchen, easy to use, and built to last.
This stainless steel pizza cutter and wooden board are excellent for any round food. So, you can also use it for cakes, pies, cheeses, tarts, and much more. The board comprises acacia, which is one of the hardest and densest woods.
The cutter is a premium grade, crafted from a single piece of stainless steel. The edge rolls upward for safe handling and accurate cutting.
How Does It Work?
There are groves in the wood so, when you put your pizza over it, you simply place the straight cutter on top and slice down to produce even slices quickly. The other side is flat to use as a serving board for things like bread, cheese, fruit and etc.
- A stainless steel straight-line pizza cutter with a blade guard
- A round acacia wooden board with slice guides 13½” in diameter
- Gift box
- Quickly and effortlessly slice pizza without dragging or pushing the toppings aside
- The stainless steel cutter is very easy to clean and safe to put into the dishwasher
- The cutter can handle all kinds of dough types, from thin and crispy to thick and chewy
- No more arguments over who gets the largest pieces
- 13½-inch diameter wooden board made of acacia
- Serving board has grooves to help guide even and perfect slices every time
- Pure anti-rust and food-grade stainless steel with a protective shield blade for the cutter
- The whole set weighs just over three pounds
|Perfect thickness and presentation of homemade pizzas||Several blade rolls before a cut is apparent|
|Reliable and sturdy materials||Wooden board is not dishwasher safe|
|Easy to use and clean|
2. Pizza Peel Pan Set
This seven-piece pizza pan set is perfect for the domestic pizzaiolo in your life. Such a gift is good for when you know they lack the equipment for cooking, handling and serving homemade pies.
This nifty pizza pan set comes with oven mitts, an oil brush, a metal peel and rocking cutter. There are also two round pans included, one is standard and the other has holes. However, both comprise food-grade carbon steel that’s non-stick and easy to use.
The pizza peel is great too. Not only does it have a wooden handle, but it also has a rope through the end. Ergo, it can handle high temperatures without burning you and it’s easy to store.
How Does It Work?
Using the set is very simple. Make the dough, roll it out, place it on the holed pan and put that onto the solid pan. Next, use the basting brush to add a light layer of oil to the crust. Then, apply sauce and toppings with a subsequent trip to the oven.
When done, use the oven mitts and pizza peel to remove the pie onto a clean cutting board or counter. Let it cool for about five to 10 minutes and then slice the pie with the rocking cutter until you have it sliced completely. Finally, take the triangle-shaped spatula and serve.
- 12 x 14 inch aluminum metal pizza peel with wooden foldable handle
- Rocking stainless steel pizza cutter with blade guard
- Oil basting brush
- Cotton baking oven mitts
- Two non-stick pizza pans, one with holes
- Serving spatula with skid-proof handle
- Use the serving spatula, basting brush and oven mitts for other things
- Comes with everything needed for a great homemade pie
- You can store the whole thing in one convenient corner in the kitchen
- Non-stick finish to all metal components: peel, pans and serving spatula
- Scientific and practical design of all seven pieces
- Everything, but the oven mitts, is dishwasher safe
- Pizza peel’s folding capability and handle rope make storage a cinch
- The pizza pans can handle temperatures up to 450°F
|Can use the set on the grill or for the oven||Blade guard tends to be smaller than the blade|
|Arrives to the recipient in gift packaging||Pizza peel oxidizes in the dishwasher|
|All the necessary tools to make a great pizza||Pans tend to arrive scratched and dented|
3. Pizza Stone Set by Ritual Life
For a brick oven pizza at home, this pizza stone set from Ritual Life is fabulous! This is one for those who you know make their own pizza along with having a grill and oven. It’s not the best thing for dorm-living college students or those in a small apartment. But, it is good for those who love to entertain with pizza parties.
Regardless, it’s ideal for all skill levels in the kitchen, from the master chef to the frozen pizza aficionado. There is a solid cordierite stone capable of handling high heat and it comes with a peel and cutter.
How Does It Work?
Using the stone is easy albeit having something of a learning curve. Therefore, follow the manufacturer’s detailed instructions for cooking and cleaning. Even still, ensure the oven or grill heats up to at least 500°F with the stone inside. Because this takes about 30 minutes, you can prepare your pizza.
Roll out your dough, dust the peel with cornmeal and place the dough on top. Then, add your toppings. Once the oven/grill is ready to go, dust it with a little more cornmeal. This is what will help make putting in and retrieving the pizza much easier.
When it’s time to clean, you must do this by hand. Do not put anything into the dishwasher. For the peel, use full-strength white vinegar and a soft sponge. If there are food remnants, use a plastic spatula or other nonabrasive implements to remove it.
For the stone, start cleaning by removing excess toppings. Then, with a brush or sponge, use soapy water to clean off the surface. Rinse well with tepid water. Be sure to dry both the peel and the stone thoroughly before storing.
- 15-inch black cordierite stone with ceramic coating and wire handles
- Acacia wood pizza peel
- Stainless steel straight cutter for pizzas with removable bamboo handle
- A detailed instruction manual
- Engineered to last for many years
- Easy to clean and nonstick for expediency and efficiency
- Incredibly versatile for many other baked goods like bagels, croissants, cakes, biscuits and etc
- The stone provides perfect and even heat distribution
- Pizza cutter is strong and doesn’t drag toppings like a wheel
- Can store in the oven when not in use
- Acacia wood pizza peel can also be a serving tray or charcuterie board
- Stone is non-stick along with the peel and spatula for easy serving
- Cordierite stone holds and maintains heat for even cooking while evaporating moisture from the dough
- Use the cutter for pizza as well as veggies, herbs, cakes, tarts, pies, brownies and so much more
- Package design makes the pizza stone set a perfect gift
|Straight cutter slices in one fell swoop||There’s a learning curve to making pizza with this set|
|Use for a variety of baked goods||Not dishwasher safe|
|Easy to clean by hand||Accommodates only small pizzas|
|Provides an authentic taste to pizza|
4. The Homemade Pizza Cookbook Bible by Mike Gandolfini
Boasting 1000 days of authentic recipes to make in a home kitchen, this cookbook by Mike Gandolfini is hugely popular. No matter what kind of oven you have and regardless of the cooking experience level of the pizzaiolo, this book presents all kinds of pizza styles.
Not only are there recipes to make the perfect pizza dough, but there are also a plethora of recipes for a variety of pizza styles:
- New York Style
- Chicago Style
- Deep Dish
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Dessert Pizzas
- FAQ ; Troubleshooting section for help with problems
- Includes a list of must-have ingredients and equipment
- Tips and tricks to make pizza healthier, delicious and easy
- Photographs with simple instructions for each recipe
- 153 pages and the size of a typical sheet of paper
|Simple and easy to read||Poorly written with bad English grammar use|
|Modern and up-to-date cookbook||Typography and layout leave much to desire|
|1,000 recipes for savory and sweet pizzas||Photos look like photocopies|
|Guaranteed skill improvement|
5. Infrared Thermometer by Ooni
If you need a gift for the pizza maker who has everything, perhaps they don’t have this peregrine of technology: the infrared thermometer. Plus, Ooni makes it and they’re a very popular portable pizza oven brand.
How Does It Work?
To use, just point the device at the center of your pizza oven. The digital display will immediately tell you the temperature of both the oven and/or your pizza. However, while Ooni recommends using it only in BBQ situations, it’s perfectly fine for indoors.
- Two AAA batteries
- Heat-resistant black and yellow casing
- Digital display and simple user interface
- Avoid accidental burning on hands, fingers and forearms
- Accurate temperature reading for perfect pizza
- Use it with any other food and for any other cooking purpose
- Accurate and fast
- Uses laser technology to point and read temperature
- Can read temperatures up to 752°F (400°C)
|Very accurate, easy to read and quick to use||No instructions on battery installation|
|Handy for many cooking situations, not just pizza||Some users complain of accuracy and consistency|
|Digital display screen with large lettering|
|Reads in Fahrenheit or Celsius|
While all these suggestions of gifts for pizza makers are ideal, it’s imperative you delve deep into the details. This means understanding what the person already has versus what they need for their pizzaiolo pursuits. It’s the only way to get the perfect gift your recipient will love.